Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our agency’s commitment to your safety.
We at Empowering Minds Resource Center hope that you and your family are in good health. We understand the unexpected impact that Covid-19 pandemic is exerting on the mental health of our consumers, our communities, and our employees.
While our team of social workers, counselors, direct service workers, case managers, and administrative staff continue to work with our consumers via telehealth, EMRC will be opening its offices on September 8, 2020.
We are open to provide all services to consumers with scheduled appointments.
We are screening all consumers and our employees
- Everyone is screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors before they enter our buildings.
- Temperatures are taken prior to entering into any EMRC facility.
- Consumers are screened when they make an appointment for in-person care. A second screening is given via phone to the consumer 48 hours before the appointment.
- All staff members are screened daily. Employees do not report to work if there is any sign of symptoms related to COVID-19.
- We will immediately remove anyone in the facility who we believe may have COVID-19 before they come into contact with other consumers, and we recommend appropriate follow-up for testing.
We require universal masking and wear appropriate protective equipment.
- All staff members, consumers and visitors must wear masks in the facilities (except children under age 2).
- All staff members wear face masks and shields.
- Measures such as e-check-in are being implemented so consumers reduce unnecessary contact with surfaces and staff at check-in and check-out.
We are extremely focused on keeping our facilities clean.
- Surfaces and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, using products that are effective against a range of organisms and viruses, including the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- We clean our waiting rooms frequently.
- We minimize the number of people at facilities and practice physical distancing.
- Our waiting room chairs are configured to allow us to maintain 6 feet of physical distancing.
- The number of staff members in rooms is limited, and only those essential to your care are present. We maintain at least 6 feet between people except during medical care activities.
- All books, magazines and toys are removed from all waiting areas.
- When possible, Consumers may be asked to wait in their car until their appointment time, or they may be asked to go directly to their assigned room upon arrival if it is available.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are not allowing visitors, family or care partners to accompany Consumers for in-person visits unless the Consumer has a disability requiring a care partner or the Consumer is a child.