EMRC’s Intensive Outpatient Program offers specialized outpatient services providing compassionate care and competent treatment to persons seeking to recover from substance use. The program utilizes empirically-based and clinical best practices to help individuals reduce behaviors and thoughts that sustain addiction; to learn healthy habits and coping mechanisms; to help their families and communities heal; and to empower their minds with the beliefs and tools to have healthier, happier, and more productive lives.
The program provides community-based and traditional on-site recovery services to measurably reduce relapse rates, increase lengths of sobriety, and sustain recovery. Through a multi-disciplinary team approach, our program addresses the needs of the whole person – physical, psychological, social, and spiritual.
Our foundational treatment goals are to:
- Provide a structured, caring, and therapeutic environment for persons seeking to overcome addiction.
- Empower clients to believe positively in themselves and their future.
- Reduce and resolve addiction and parallel addictive behaviors.
- Address the impact of co-occurring mental health diagnoses on recovery.
- Address the mental and emotional factors that trigger or sustain addictive behaviors.
- Help clients identify, challenge, and modify unhealthy thoughts and beliefs.
- Help clients recognize personal strengths and problem areas.
- Help clients develop and improve their use of healthy coping skills and problem solving.
- Help heal the relationships and family communications of persons with addictive histories.